Monday, August 17, 2009

Listen To Them R2, They're Dying

What do you do when you're bored? I like to cram myself into small spaces that I have to sit in for three hours. Then I like to stretch my legs in the heat of a blistering sun. I think these things are best enjoyed on little food and water. I found some vegetation but found it to be too high in fiber and low in sugar and oil. That's two staples gone. But there was supposedly some little wild horse up the canyon that we could eat. We never got that far. No worries. We found that shade makes everything better. Even if the slot canyon walls are closing in on you. Heck, you can even have members in your group throw rocks at your head and still, in the shade, all's well. Most everything. ...of a sudden one of us marked that brother John caught fire. You see, there was a nuclear blast from a nearby test facility that lit up the sky so we had to make a break for it.
But not before we got a picture. See the determination to keep composer for a picture even as the heat in the sky begins to burn his frame. It was touch and go for a bit there as we tried to escape yet the resident optimist brother John kept on smiling.

We made it to cover at the last and decided to wait for water to come to facilitate a faster escape. So instead of hiking back out we stayed for about eight days till a flash flood came down the slots. It was pretty sweet and floating it was a blast but alas we lost all the pictures as well as little Jimmy. Jimmy, this one's for you.

1 comment:

Courtney Manwaring said...

I like the title of this one...and I'm a little jealous I wasn't there