Monday, June 9, 2008

Thirty Nine Things I've Not Told Anyone

So last night while sitting a thought came to me
That I was in need of repenting you see
As I haven't been the best kid all around
Not sticking to laws or principles sound

For there once was a time when a weasel and me
Got into an orchard, far up in a tree
And on looking down this weasel said "kid
I dare you to fly from this limb to that lid"

"What lid?" I exclaimed all alooking around
When a last I did spot it way out on the ground
It lay past the brook and the high resined clatter
Upon which a coward would nay himself splatter

And up over the briars and past thistled wood
Was a mesh of barbwire where fences once stood
Then, at least in my mind, there rose up a flame
Which all the kings horses could never e're tame

And speaking of horses they grazed near the forge
Which when forging oft caused a stampede in the gorge
Ah the gorge I forgot, as it was a small danger
Its only hurdle to one not a stranger

(A stranger that is to cliffs miles high
That run miles long, least as the crow flies
And that too be filled with some kind of goo
That-in-seconds will eat through the soul of your shoe)

But crossing that hurdle the way's pretty fair
To the lid 'cept for maybe a spacial rift tear
Where space and its time seem to bend round and round
Then some how wind up with the sky in the ground

And if you by chance live a while to perceive it
The rift will of living all lifelines bereave it
"But that's not too worry" said the weasel that day
"You can't get that far, no not even half way."

He smiled with a sickly and sorrendous sneer
"You've all things to lose and more things to fear.
There's hell to the left and on to the right
So your best bet is just to climb down from this height

But I dare you, you wuss. I dare you to fly
I bet you can't do it cause you think that you'll die."
But wrong was the rodent.. I wasn't real scared
For I had my warp six sixty six field prepared

And I knew by the specs in the First User's Guide
That I'd be alright.... If I hadn'ta tried
To soup up my soup and get flashy lights
To make me look sweet in the midst of the kites

So long story short things went pretty bad
Though not till I'd gotten past Zeus and his dad
Which was quite the feat I will tell you my friend
But that's when my flight came right 'round the bend

And there though I knew that it couldn't be true
About thirty and five lids came into my view
And if I'd have thought long and deep in my soul
I'd've realized there was a huge massive black hole


Which I didn't expect, but I should have seen
That the lids were caused by an einsteinian ring
And so now flish flashy has caused my decease
So I'm trying to help my soul make it's piece


In my time when you get this I'll be truly dead
But don't let that sad thought get to your head
Cause though my time is short, yours is so long
You've forever to see just where I went wrong


And when you do if you have any time
Please pull me out of this rift in space time

PS: I'll be sitting here

No comments: