I thought a while the other day
What I'd be like when I was gray
As gray's begun to set upon
This chap who dives out on the lawn
Would I be full of screws and plates
To keep my bones and joints in place?
Would I still have a kidney left?
Would I of organs be bereft?
Will my old lungs still fill with air
As I run past defenders there?
Will this dark stone still pump the blood
That fuels the fire beneath the hood?
And looking there so very near
I waited as the water cleared
Then to surprise I found myself
Appearing less like some old elf
For there instead as ripples died
Was an old man all vibrant eyed
Then from the side the water splashed
Which hopes of recognition dashed
But thinking now on sights I had
The man down there looked much like dad...
Views it brought to new the mind
Somehow before I was so blind
...If I'm like him I'll get to heaven
E'en if that comes at thirty seven
No comments:
Post a Comment