Monday, September 29, 2008

If You Aren't Bleeding...

Psychoanalysts say it's gluttony for pain. Biologists think of deleterious point mutations. Chemists think some enzymes aren't binding. Material scientists can't understand why more things aren't fractured. Electrical engineers know a wire is crossed somewhere. The Mechanical Engineers say there are loose screws. Choreographers say there's no grace. And the English majors think it's lack of culture. They always go for that one.

Exfoliants in the eyes. Silicas in the nose. Abrasives covering the skin. Dust in the lungs. Maybe in the occasional Q-tip in your face. ...ok, that one was inexcusable. Is nothing sacred?!... But to become one with Terra-Somewhat-Firma? That my friends is pure joy. Eat it. Drink it. Don it. Sleep it. And bless the Faithful Departed who made it possible once again.

4 comments:

Caroline said...

Sorry I missed the big game. I am such a loser. One day I will be cool like the rest of you.

Erin_C said...

Thanks a lot matt. I've been very un-homesick until you posted that picture. I wish we could have there.

So tragic.

Lanenga Family said...

Oh Caroline, Caroline. A baby shower over sand vball? Why or why?! And Matt, I must say I rather enjoyed our weather, playing in that pouring rain. I may yet follow you and learn to shun the sun...

Courtney Manwaring said...

so I'm looking at your blog :) yes I love you. haha "and the english majors think it's lack of culture. They always go for that one." ah yes. I love you