
I got a late start the other day. It came as a late man walked with his late cane in the late evening. I couldn't tell where so much he was himself off to but he appeared to be going thusly way. suddenly. As I peered into the dark I thought I saw a lion with a mouse trap but as the fog drifted and the waves lifted what I found was not me but another on the bench in the mud. What did he come for? I wonder whether that is really what I wondered at that moment but in a moment found that wonder gone. I was alone. There were no trees. Only a brooke and some bags of candied apples that lay on the porch next to the potted plant. Hills and valleys. Figures and shapes of color and cut. Coming and going. I want to build balloon chairs for those who have none. I want to show people what fish can do for them. I want a basket. And I want all my eggs in it.
2 comments:
Nice. Translation: matt has decided to fly out and visit the Lanengas in nj. That's what I got out of it. :)
Dear Pappy,
You are perfectly right. Fishes can do SO much for people. Teach you geography, retrieve items you may have dropped in the lake or toilet, manage your finances, babysit, and of course all fishes by the name of frank are excellent frontiersmen.
Good luck with the basket.
holly marie
Ps. your blog is rockin, and pokey. upedi.
Post a Comment