Sunday, November 22, 2015

The Longest Pause

I pray it's not a stop. I don't think I could take that. It's weather I haven't seen in all the years since the beginning of time. Four, to be rounded. It's times like this you pray for spring. But spring rarely shows up early just because you want it to. The winter must be waited out. It is cold. It is dark. ...but the truth is that it has it's own beauty. Quiet. Time to think. Time to make tracks and see how amazingly they get covered by white. Like they were never actually there.

 And the bleaker the winter the more welcome the spring. A warm forgotten friend who invites us to open up and learn again to breathe for enjoyment and not just survival. Don't worry. Spring has never failed before. It may be long in waiting. But spring will come...



Won't it...?

No comments: