Monday, September 30, 2013

Things I Wish I Knew

Not the original thought, no. Not what I had intended. Quite possibly instead a bowl of cherries dropped in a sheet. Bound in the four corners. The intent. The struggles. The wide awareness and the barrenness and the nakedness and the utter need. Plagues. And ambush. But still water to the traveler and shade on the weary. Who then? And why across the nations? Out into the abyss not turning back to see the blue fade. Sincere. Beautiful claim. That is the difference. Not tires or fires. No shock to the system. No. Depth. Covered and paved and sealed. No?    I say true. And it isn't three. I see that. And then, lost in the forest. Bear tracks all around. The same? Even a bit? Or just dunes of spice and rolls... It was the cause. And is again. How to get to the Yukon? Not much of a question. You can't miss it, but you'll need to know when to bring your coat. The answer apparently, is always. And that is the difference. A find ever so deep in the shaft. And it isn't the darkness that brings you there. This is the why. So then maybe you do go on pretending you've got your cabin on.

No comments: