
The wonder is that no one has realized that the clouds are out but the sun has been shining the whole time. I think it lends itself to show that when we go forward with our eyes on the goal we often miss that the goal is not all that is around. Take bowling for example. Sure you can get a strike every time. But what about the lights? Or the crazy disco music? Or the the nappy shoes to say nothing of the seats that only swing the wrong way. Ok... so you get the goal. But do you miss the point? Are you losing in getting what you wanted? Or are you just putting off the fact that the more you distract yourself the better you feel? So a couple of days ago I was biking around town when my tire blew out. That was cool. Have you ever had that happen to you? ...No; have you ever dreamed that that
might happen to you? And as you are answering no, I ask yourself why that might be? Don't tell me it's convenience or time or pride or fortitude. I don't believe it. It goes back to that dang sun behind those smashing clouds. Diffuse lighting my friends. Diffuse lighting.
2 comments:
Recently, while in sunny California I thought to myself (and maybe complained a bit to those around me), "my that sun sure is bright, I can't see anything".
Can I get an AMEN?
Post a Comment